Protect Your Business
Pizza Delivery & Liability Insurance
Protect Your Business
What are the biggest risks facing your pizza delivery business? Sure, competition and profitability dictate most of your daily activities. However, there’s one risk factor that many pizza shop owners routinely overlook: delivery of the pizza.
As pointed out in the video, overlooking risk associated with the pizza delivery process can be financially devastating. If just one of your pizza delivery team members is not properly insured, the consequences could be unimaginable.
Kincaid Insurance is here to help you consider all potential risks and devise a plan of action for protecting the business you’ve worked so hard to build.
Risks Associated with the Pizza Delivery Industry
Have you considered the following risks? If not, it’s time you gave them some thought.
- Risks Associated with Delivery of the Pizza: The biggest exposure you have as a pizza shop owner is delivery of pizza by a delivery person. Your drivers’ policies may or may not cover them while making deliveries. In addition, your own business policy may or may not cover you for their liability.
- Liquor Liability: What happens if a customer drinks too much and files a lawsuit against you after having an accident? It’s happened before and is something you need to consider as a business owner.
- Product Liability: What happens if a customer bites into a piece of your pizza and breaks a tooth? Or, perhaps they burn their mouth because your pizza is too hot. Do you have coverage for this?
- Spoilage: Spoilage often happens because the refrigeration unit breaks down. Spoilage coverage should include the replacement or repair of the refrigeration unit, along with any lost inventory.
- Fire, Flood, and Other Devastating Events: These types of events can put you out of business quickly if you don’t have the proper coverage. If your store is closed for more than a day or two, the loss of income can rapidly add up.
- Employee Dishonesty: While it’s unfortunate that we have to discuss it, employee dishonesty is very prevalent in the food industry. The most common type of dishonesty occurs when an employee steals food or supplies.
- Robbery: Robberies don’t just happen at the point of sale. They can also occur when you’re going to the bank and someone holds you up, or if one of your delivery drivers is bringing the money back to your shop.
Pizza Delivery Insurance Must-Haves
Delivery Driver Coverage
To reduce your restaurant’s risk, it is important to have pizza delivery coverage. In the event your driver gets in an accident while on the clock, your policy needs to protect you. Insurance for pizza delivery is a must-have for any shop owner.
Product (Liability and Spoilage) Coverage
Without a quality product to serve, it’s difficult to stay in business very long. This is why having reliable product coverage is so important. Pizza shop insurance should include coverage for both spoilage and liability. This will help your business protect itself from damaging losses or customer claims.
Liquor Liability Coverage
If you serve alcohol at your restaurant, it is important to have liquor liability coverage. In the event that a customer consumes too much alcohol at your restaurant, you need to have a way to protect your company from liability.
Loss of Business Income Coverage
When unforeseen circumstances such as fires or other disasters occur, your business will likely be closed for an extended amount of time. During this time, you will be missing out on lost revenue. Loss of Business Income coverage is essential for any pizza insurance policy.
Employee Theft Coverage
Does your current policy cover your business in the event of employee theft? If so, does it cover theft of food or supplies? Not every policy does, so take your time when evaluating plan options.
Money & Securities Coverage
The transportation of cash is always risky, particularly in larger metropolitan areas. With Money & Securities coverage, you can gain additional peace of mind knowing that unforeseen robberies won’t destroy your cashflow.
Markets We Serve
We currently help restauranteurs find affordable pizza delivery and liability coverage in the following communities: Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois. We have customers spanning this area, including businesses located in Evansville, Newburgh, Boonville, Rockport, Jasper, Vincennes, Haubstadt, Terre Haute, Corydon, Princeton, Washington, Tell City, Ferdinand, Henderson, Owensboro, Louisville, Madisonville, Carbondale, Mt. Vernon, Olney, Fairfield, and many others.
Call for a free quote
877-888-5506 (Toll Free)
Fill out the form on this page for a free, no-obligation quote to find out how much you can be saving!
Get a Pizza Delivery Insurance Quote