Insurance for Indiana Bars and Nightclubs

Bars, taverns, and nightclubs are bar nightclub insurance indianaspread throughout the United States. There are thousands of such establishments in the country. Bars serve a variety of functions from showcasing live music to providing a place to grab dinner and a drink while catching up with an old friend. Many are integral to their local communities, serving as a space for everything from local fundraising efforts to cheering on favorite sports teams.

If you own or operate a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol, it’s important to properly protect your business. Our team at Kincaid Insurance is experienced at writing insurance policies for these types of organizations. (Contact us for a free quote.)

Unpredictable Risk

While bars, taverns, and nightclubs are typically fun spaces, serving alcohol does create a higher level of risk for business owners. You can’t be on the premises every moment of every day to make sure your bartenders aren’t serving visibly drunk customers. There’s not much you can do if an intoxicated customer starts a fight that injures innocent bystanders in your bar. Bar owners face a number of other risks, including:

  • Fights between customers
  • Slip and fall accidents
  • Minors attempting to purchase alcohol
  • Theft
  • Customers arguing with servers
  • Unruly behavior

Emotions can get out of hand when alcohol is involved, so it’s important to have a well-trained staff and clear policies in place to prevent situations from getting out of hand.

Liquor Liability Insurance

As a bar owner, fighting is likely the most frequent issue you face in your business. Liquor liability coverage will help protect your bar in the event of a lawsuit related to a bar fight. Make sure your liquor liability policy includes assault and battery coverage in addition to employee coverage.

Special Considerations for Bar Owners

As the percentage of alcohol sales increases, your level of liability as a bar owner also increases. When selecting insurance for your bar, be sure to talk to your independent insurance agent about your business model. Does your bar, tavern, or nightclub serve food? What kind of equipment do you have? Do you own or rent the space?

If you’ve purchased any unique decorations or bar fixtures, be sure to include them in your policy. You’ll also want to be sure that you have a strong general liability policy in addition to liquor liability coverage. Your bar insurance should protect your business from all of the unknowns that come with serving alcohol as well as with owning a business, from bar fights to storm damage.

Find Bar Insurance

Kincaid Insurance’s independent insurance agents will help you find the best coverage for your bar, nightclub, or tavern. They’re trained to assess your business’s risks and coverage needs before providing you with a no-obligation free quote.

You’ll find Kincaid Insurance headquarters in Rockport, Indiana. Our independent insurance agents work with bar and restaurant owners throughout the Tri-State area of Indiana, Kentucky, and Illinois, including: Mt. Vernon, Owensboro, Evansville, Louisville, Vincennes, and Newburgh.

Contact Kincaid Insurance today by calling 1-877-888-5506.

Request a Free Quote